Readeo Help | Installing / Enabling Java
Enabling Java in your browser will allow you to use the most exciting of Readeo’s features. You need to have Java installed and enabled on your computer in order to BookChat. When you install Java, it is enabled automatically. Click here to download Java.
Note: If you are using Internet Explorer and you do not have Java installed, you will be prompted to install ActiveX which can be used instead of Java.
How to make sure Java is enabled in your browser:
For Windows Browsers:
- Internet Explorer: Go to ‘Tools‘, then select ‘Internet Options‘ and then select ‘Advanced‘. Verify that the ‘Java (Sun)’ option is checked.
- Firefox: Go to ‘Tools‘, then select ‘Options‘, and then select ‘Content‘. Verify that ‘Enable Java’ is checked.
- Safari: Click ‘Edit‘ and select ‘Preferences‘. Click ‘Security‘ and verify that ‘Enable Java’ is checked.
- Opera: Click ‘Tools‘ and select ‘Quick Preferences‘. Verify that ‘Enable Java’ is checked.
For Mac Browsers:
- Safari: Click ‘Preferences‘ and select ‘Security‘. Verify that ‘Enable Java’ is checked.
- Firefox: Click ‘Preferences‘ and select ‘Content‘. Verify that ‘Enable Java’ is checked.
- Opera: Readeo currently does not support Opera.
For instructions on enabling Java in other browsers, please visit: http://www.java.com/en/download/help/enable_browser.xml