Readeo creates a new way to brighten lives and build lasting bonds through the simple, yet powerful experience of reading together. These bonds strengthen family ties – and studies* show that healthy relationships promote both mental and physical health.
This is why we are partnering with world-class institutions to benefit children and their families in hospitals across the country—at no cost to the hospital, patient or their family.
Readeo in hospitals allows patients to select from a library of quality children’s books. A child can read a book with a friend, a family member or with a Child Life Specialist. If patients and their families have a webcam, they can also read with family and friends who are far away.
No laptops or webcams available in your hospital? Not a problem. You may choose to offer Readeo to families who have their own.
- Helps family and friends stay better connected with children
in the hospital.
- Gives parents in the hospital a way to read to their children at home.
- Fosters an environment of learning and promotes literacy.
- Builds the hospital brand as a family and community-focused
Hospitals Currently Using Readeo
- Children’s Memorial Hospital, Chicago
Offering Readeo In Your Hospital – Program Details (PDF)
Sample Readeo Hospital Coupon (PDF)
Readeo – Hospital Hall Flyer
Children’s Miracle Network Hospital Agreement (Please email email@example.com)
- Social Relationships and Health Science, New Series, Vol. 241, No. 4865, 540-545
- Improving child health depends on healthy relationships, Los Angeles Times, May 3, 2010
- What Do Romanian Children Living in Orphanages Manifesting Repetitive Behaviors and American Children in Foster Care With Abnormal Cortisol Levels Have in Common?: Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2010;164(5):492-493
- Caltech Health Education – Healthy Relationships